Monday, February 12, 2007

gong show

the sun circle & wind-up bird show at the greendoor studio was fantastic- tanner & jay wrote great reviews with pictures.

my favorite part by far was the gong bath. imagine this: a tiny room (not much bigger than 12x10 I bet) 3 huge gongs and 25 people...the gong is an amazing instrument- at times sounding like electric feedback, washed-out tv static, ear splitting ocean waves- layer upon layer upon walls & walls of sound. truly something to be experienced...

did anyone watch the grammys last night? I caught about 15 minutes (missed the police though) in the short time I watched they gave grammy lifetime achievement awards to booker t & the mg's and the doors...but I think they may have given one to the grateful dead, too- I swear I saw Mickey Hart sitting in the audience...

alright alright- gonna try to make the vandermark 5 show tonight...

tld

No comments: