Monday, February 19, 2007

show last night

Still trying to wrap my head around the show last night- its been a long time since I've been so completely satisfied by a live music experience- actually the last time was when I saw Herbie Hancock at old Higher Ground. I only started listening to Sonic Youth about 3 or 4 months ago- at thanksgiving dinner at the Dewalds we got to talking and people couldn't believe I'd never listened to them- so I picked up a few albums, daydream nation & washing machine to start- and completely fell in love with the band- I'd just lose myself in the noisy guitar goodness. And I was so excited leading up to the show- I figured disappointment was imminent- but no way...they are still so tight & sharp after all these years & sound like they still love the music & experimentation & performing for the audience. Kim was still hot as hell & Thurston cool...and they mentioned the OP! Did everyone hear that shit? During the feedback part of the show I turned to my friend Boz and said "hey man, wheres Jerry?" (he hates the dead) it took him a few seconds but he turned around and said "fuck Jerry!" Not that it sounded anything like the Dead, but I like to think that Jerry could of got into that noise...

well, well, well...

tld

1 comment:

gd said...

the Dead started that feedback shit man....