Friday, August 11, 2006

?uestlove

Every time I see or hear this guy I have more and more respect for him. Besides being an outstanding drummer, he has a sweet afro and a pretty cool stage name (it's no 'the le duo' but still...) Just saw Dave Chappelles Block Party yester day with Eboni, and it is funny as hell and has some great music. Maybe I'm finally coming around on (some) hip hop? I dont know- but I thought The Roots and The Fugees and Dead Prez and Angie Stone & Erykah Badu were alright.

power to the people- one love- peace out

t.l.d

2 comments:

gd said...

one time i was playing a show in miami. my set started at like 5am and i was playing outside in this parking lot underneath this tent. and there were a bunch of people sprawled out on the ground around the tent listening to my set. at one point, i looked over to my left and there was this black guy with a sweet afro, and i was like, man that guy looks familiar. so after my set, the sweet afro guy says 'that was cool man, really weird but cool. yeah....'. turns out that sweet afro dude was ?uestlove from the roots. pretty random.

oh and one time i saw ice cube waiting outside the men's room for his buddies at the phoenix airport. i went right up to him and said 'thanks for all the great music, man. NWA was one of my favorite rap groups of all time.' he kinda looked at me all shocked that here was this 30 year old white hippie dude with a huge red beard. and he was like 'cool, man, cool' and i walked off...

those are a couple of my hiphop encounters....

the le duo said...

thats cool... I dont have any hiphop stories, except one time I thought I saw one of the Fat Boys at the Burlington airport, turns out it was just Cedric the Entertainer...so I kicked him in the nards. Just Kidding- anyway, how was Burlington Drone Society? I totally spaced on date and time- cant check my email at home just work- and ended up watching Robocop with Tanner and Todd- Next time I'm there!

JB