Friday, January 05, 2007

random thoughts...

With the gift card my Mom got me for Xmas I purchased a DW 4000 series single bass drum pedal- it is one of their lower end models, but it's better than anything I've ever owned- it's got Velcro on the bottom so it sticks to the floor! No amount of frantic drum soloing can dislodge my pedal now!

I recently opened a ING Direct online savings account. It takes the money out of my main checking account each payday- I am an enormously bad money saver so hopefully this will help.

As some of you may know, I got Tuesday off from work because my building was closed for Gerald Ford's funeral- but get this- the cheap bastard fucking peckers I work for aren't paying us! We had no choice to work or not, and now we have to either use our vacation hours (which I have very few left) or take the day leave without pay... bullshit, right?

Well my annual 'take a month off from drinking' is going well so far- the weekends are always the big tests... I'm going to try to go see some music tonight without drinking- that's always a chore- but I gotta stay strong! I figure if I can go a month without beer without getting the dt's I'm winning...

happy Friday, tld

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on takin action on your financial resolution!

A trick that I use as well is to take 10% out of every sum of money that gets into my hands and put that in a non-card-linked account. It's small but adds up.

the le duo said...

Thats a really good idea- I was thinking I'd throw most of my tax refund into my savings as well...

Eva the Deadbeat said...

YES! good job on starting to save (hard to do but oh so important in the long run) and good luck on the one month without drinking experiment. sounds like a really good idea!

i say drink LOTS of water and go for a cleanse too. water is amazing i find. it helped me quit smoking. and watch lots of good movies to distract yourself. and add up ALL the money you will be saving by not drinking in your head! GOOD LUCK and HAPPY NEW YEAR!