Friday, February 24, 2006

It's too Funky, Funky in Here!

Right this very second my usually bland and boringly cluttered cubicle is being transformed into a super-fly funky sexy R&B shag pad thanks to the very first installment of the JB & Eboni CD club! Are & Be Mix 4 Jay Bee features, among others, Bill Withers, Prince, M.J, Nina Simone, Stevie, and D’ Angelo. It got so funky I broke out in a cold sweat. Get up offa that thing I said to myself, you gotta use what you got to get what you want. Poor Eboni, she’s down and out in New York City while this funky drummer is keepin it real. Ahhh, livin in America! Well, in case ya’ll didn’t know, I got soul…and I’m superbad (also I really like James Brown)

The real JB

6 comments:

gd said...

you should get some conlon nancarrow up on one of those mixes. he was the funkiest flyest gay new mexican to ever punch a player piano roll. word up!

Anonymous said...

Awww, shucks, JB. I'm so glad you like it. I was thinking we should come up with a name for our club. Although some of my co-workers argued that two people sending cds back and forth is hardly a club. The nerve.

Anonymous said...

what's NAMBLA? is it just something kind of nonsensical?

Tanner M. said...

right answer Eboni. remember those few years there when JB was always cancelling his plans with everyone and going out to "the club." well...

Anonymous said...

aw yeah! livin' in america! i did a tap routine to this at a recital in like 6th grade. my costume was a blue and white pin striped tank top shorts leotard type thing, with...oh yes, of course...big red sequin stars on one side.

james brown + jb = dance party!

gd said...

eboni,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NAMBLA

weird shit....