Saturday, May 13, 2006

Can I still get in if I'm sexy?

Great time at the Monkey last night, everyone! I thought it was the best show we've put-on in awhile-playing with Mike and Sara-Paule is always so much fun/so inspiring for me. My favorite part of the night is when we did this little free-freakout thingy-Brian wailing on the shrill trumpet blasts- and as soon as that ended with a crash Mike started this groovy/funky bass line and I was on it in a second-that started another strong piece.

Rainy day Saturday didn't accomplish much- trying to sleep off this cold- tonight off to see Greg Davis and Friends with the Books at Higher Ground. Tomorrow mothers day/laundry/Sopranos. Monday work trying not to get fired for failing to show up for mandatory overtime today.

So I got quite a lot of feedback about the whole record label idea, and I think I'm going to try to go for it, as a hobby. Sure I'll probably never release anything, but I'm excited about it right now and I've got to have something to be excited about! I'm going to call it 'Kibosh Records' and if anyone is interested in helping, or shooting the shit, or just drinking, I'll be at the OP Tuesday 8ish for the first 'staff meeting'


everyone make sure to call your mom tomorrow!

peace, jB

No comments: