Friday, December 16, 2005

Friday, 7.56am

I have had so much fun at the SeaMonster potluck lately.
When I first started going, I didnt really know anyone so I kept to myself and observed.
Now I'm starting to get my feet wet and have conversations with people.
Mandy and I are movie buddies, and Greg gave me a great Dead Dvd live @ the giza pyramids*
I think my deviled eggs went over pretty good. Its one of the two or three things I make well.
I left my plate over at gaylord+meagans though.
Tonight I'm gonna take it easy finish off l-rocques bottle of wine MAYBE go to the honky tonk xmas at metrognome.
Tommorow I'm gonna attempt to make a black bean stew. Something like what ben+angela brought last night only with potatoes. Maybe theirs had potatoes I dunno.

*Greg, after the awesome egypt-music thing, instead of going into a horrible 'promised land' I think they should have played either 'terrapin station' or 'wharf rat'

jb

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

How much of that wine is left?

-Mike

Anonymous said...

those eggs were delicious
michelle

the le duo said...

thanks michelle!! horesradish is the secret. not so secret anymore. Mike, nnot much wine left i dont think. you should bring more over...or maybe i could get some!

jb

Anonymous said...

u still going to catch that movie tonight?

the le duo said...

not with the group from work.. may go see squid and whale or something at roxanne theatre

jb

gd said...

jb, youll be happy (or mad) to know that i just got a rip of the dead 10 cd box set complete fillmore west 1969 recordings. im working my way thru it but its really amazing. the dark stars are mindblowing.

i cant believe that set sold out on pre-orders.
that was like 10,000 copies of a 10 cd box set.
crazy crazy.....

the le duo said...

cool awesome. ten cds man. dark star blows my mind anyway. sweet. i heard tales once that the dead did or were going to release an album that was just different versions of dark star. i'd listen

JB

gd said...

have you heard 'greyfolded' by john oswald?
if not, check it out. i can make you a copy.

basically he took tons of versions of 'dark star' and made this long layered electronic piece out of it.
not really much processing, but like layering 4 jerry solos on top of each other and stuff.
its really brilliant and well done and tasteful in respect to the dead.

maybe this is the disc you are referring to?

the le duo said...

could be..

yeah, that'd be grate
jb